Sunday, 21 December 2014

Week 9 (Film and Audio Editing)

What did I do?
Done in class exercise
Review on Compression and EQ
Introduction to Boom microphone

What have I learnt?
We were given an in-class exercise in groups of 10 to create a film with the given dialogue. 10 of us were given a role (eg director, cameraman, editor). I was the editor. It was like a real work situation. During production was smooth, everyone knows what they are doing. During the post-production, the sound mixer told us the sound has alot of distortion and background musics. Right now there are two possible plans, record the audio of the actor (replacement of the voice) or Re-film the whole thing. In the end, we re-film the whole thing, because all of us agreed on the new film idea and believe it was stronger than our previous idea. Although some of our member had to leave first, the production and post-production went smooth.

Problems faced and can be improved:
I think that time management is the crucial problem for this exercise. I think that all of us will improve by the experience we faced.

No comments:

Post a Comment