Sunday, 21 December 2014

Assignment 2 (Cinematography & Filmmaking)

Brief
To shoot a live action video for 5-7seconds, showing creative and technical skills.

Preproduction 
During the pitching of ideas, I pitch an idea that was inspired by a viral caught-on-camera video showing an eagle trying to grab a baby. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE0Q904gtMI
In the end Mr Jame told me that it was too challenging to do and requires alot of observation skills. I changed the idea to someone pouring infinite potato chips.

Production
I went to shoot with Zul, Samson and Wenjie and help each other in the process. I bought many potato chips as well. During the shoot, I recorded two shots, pouring with an empty small potato chips packet and pouring alot of potato chips. I tried draft editing of the videos and found out the lightings were different, the height of the pouring was to low. I used puppet tool to position the pouring chips, but the lighting was totally off. I tried masking and paint brush the footage with alpha. In the end I do not like the results, I can see alot of errors in the video. (to be continued)

Post-production


Summary

No comments:

Post a Comment