Task
Edit a 1 minute trailer for the movie (How to Train Your Dragon)
Target audience?
Everyone
Research:
The trailer I have edited consist of different montages revolving around Hiccup (Main Actor).
Timeline:
Hiccup captures a dragon,
Claims he can kill it.
Couldn't do it in the end.
"I wouldn't kill him, because he looked as frightened as *I* was. I looked at him... and I saw myself."
Bonding between the dragon (Toothless) and Hiccup.
I did not show other characters like Hiccup's dad or his friends. My main objective is to show the audience how the relationship between Hiccup and Toothless will go. I also try to show their special connections throughout the trailer.
Challenges:
One difficulty I found is extracting the actor's voice to the trailer. Some parts there are background music covering their voice. What I done is editing the audio in Audition and try to cover the background music.
Another difficulty is finding the music that suits the scene. It requires alot of experiments and testings.
Draft Timeline:
"dialogue: This is berg...we have dragons!"
show dragons and humans fighting.
Hiccup shoots, toothless down.
Hiccup found toothless
*DREAMWORKS logo*
"dialogue: Everything we know about you guys... is wrong!"
"dialogue: Three hundred years, and I'm the first Viking who wouldn't kill a dragon."
"dialogue: I look at him and I saw himself"
"dialogue: I have to put an end to this"
fight continues
How to Train Your Dragon logo*
^ I realise this timeline is similar to the trailer online, therefore I scrap this.
I found this trailer made by fans, it changes the mood of the movie to dark and evil, I find it really amazing and epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3Ltl9jC3I4
Trailer for references:
normal trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKiYuIsPxYk&list=LLEDu4xSVNhD7H8cI7htd7XQ&index=12
with trailer voice:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpQopYXeVUM&list=LLEDu4xSVNhD7H8cI7htd7XQ&index=14
No comments:
Post a Comment